5 Benefits For Your Business When You Use Self Storage Units
Self storage units are a great way to store your important business documents in an environment that is low-cost and secure. The most common reason that businesses use self storage units is to store archived documents and records instead of using up valuable commercial space.
There’s no getting away from the fact that when you’re in business you have a legal requirement to store documents for several years. The majority of those documents are not needed on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and most will never be accessed again – they just need to be kept safe and sound. So it makes good common sense and business sense to store them away from your normal working day premises. Here are 5 benefits for your business of using self storage units to store your important documents:
1. State of the art security – Self storage units offer the highest level of security for your archived records and documents. You might not need the documents now, but you would be devastated if they were stolen or destroyed. Making use of a self storage unit means your records are in a secure locked unit which is monitored and not able to be accessed by anyone without your permission. You can store your documents and basically forget about them, because you know that the self storage unit is perfectly secure.
2. Clean and climate controlled – It’s not easy keeping paper documents in a good condition when you store them in a roof cavity or a back cupboard. You never know what could be happening to them, from rodent attack to damp or heat damage. Self storage units are well-maintained, clean and have just the right climate controls for archived documents. There’s no chance your precious records will get wet or hot, so when you need them, they’ll be in just the same condition as the day you left them there.
3. Convenience and service – You never know when you will need one of your important documents. You might think they’ll never be needed, but then along comes a day when you’re asked for something in particular. Storing your business documents in a self storage unit with purpose-built racks and filing systems means they’re available when you need them at a site that is convenient. You can access your property whenever you need to and find the right document easily.
4. Value for money – It makes good business sense to use your office space well. Storing documents is not a good use of office space, so keeping archived records in a self storage unit makes financial sense. Self storage units are great value for money. You can rent exactly the size you need and you’ll be surprised at how inexpensive it is.
5. Welcoming friendly staff – Keeping your important documents in a separate location is a big decision, so you need to know that the staff who monitor the premises where they are kept are doing a great job. When you need a document quickly, a friendly staff member can make all the difference in keeping your business ticking over smoothly.